What a beautiful book this is, inspiring us to make a difference in the lives of others, to contribute and grant others importance. I’m very appreciative that this book, The Art of Possibility, was our assigned reading this month. It is giving me life again.
I have a story about a lesson that I did with my elementary art students this month. I found a little Reading Rainbow film that read the children’s book, Regina’s Big Mistake. It’s about a little girl in an art class who can’t think of what to draw. She starts to draw what some other children are drawing and they make mean comments and her teacher won’t give her another sheet of paper when she makes a mistake. Regina makes her mistake into something wonderful. All week since, my students have been telling me how they’ve made their mistake into something wonderful. These are 6, 7 and 8 year olds. I think it’s wonderful how a writer can give us that; can offer us a new and wonderful viewpoint.


@Kerry,
ReplyDeleteThis book The Art of Possibility has been such a relief to me, too. I like how you say it is giving you life again~ I feel the same way. It's as if all of our process in AR in this journey has been struggle, triumph, defeat and reflection. The process has been difficult but we have grown professionally so much as a result of it all!
Thank goodness for this book~it's put into perspective much of the years of my teaching career (and my personal life!)
I love Regina's Big Mistake.
ReplyDelete