Okay, I decided that I would write an article for Art Education: The Journal of the National Art Education Association. I’m a member of NAEA and have been for a long time. The public for the journal is the public that I would want to reach, art educators. The style is APA. This is quoted in the author guidelines:
What writing style should authors use?
Write in a precise and straightforward manner. Avoid passive voice (for example, instead of “it was found” use “we found”). Do not include an abstract. A conversational tone is conducive for reading. Consider engaging the reader with a question or an anecdote in your opening paragraph.
I felt like that was a more natural way for me to write. Whew! Nervous, but ready, I guess.
Image above is of the description of the magazine on the NAEA website
Image above is of the description of the magazine on the NAEA website


No comments:
Post a Comment