Saturday, May 22, 2010

Week 3, Looking for a Place to Publish


In looking for a place to publish an article on my AR project, I looked at the art education journals. These are a few that I have found:

Power and Education

Call for Submissions NAEA

CALL FOR ARTS BASED SUBMISSIONS: Journal of Curriculum and Pedagogy
The Journal of Curriculum and Pedagogy

International Journal for Education and the Arts

International Journal for Education through the Arts

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like any of them are particularly looking for what I have done. I think I may need to go off on a different route of looking or change my viewpoint of my project. Interesting assignment. It has really stretched my imagination.

3 comments:

  1. What's the difference between what these journals are looking for and what your AR? Is is something that's tweakable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry,
    The NAEA submission I've pasted below looks like it would fit right in with your AR:
    "Call for Articles, Commentaries, and Media Reviews for a Special Issue of Studies in Art Education on Exploring Out-of-School Education in the Visual Arts
    Today, out-of-school education in the visual arts is flourishing, as are craft stores and hobbies among all age groups."
    Since your original focus of a ceramics education website for teachers shifted anyway, why not focus on the aspects of what you've done that could fit in with the kind of out-of-school visual arts education they are referring to. I think your AR would work with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot the URL to the call for entries on NAEA: http://www.naea-reston.org/research/call-for-submissions

    ReplyDelete