Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week 3, Response to Trisch Marcino

Trisch Marcino writes:



The International Reading Association publishes an on-line journal, books, newspaper, and many other helpful tools for teachers. I am leaning heavily towards requesting permission to submit an article for publication. They are very strict and only accept approximately 15% of submissions.

I have read many of their published articles, particularly the ones that are research-based. Several that I have read are geared towards improving literacy among students K-12 years. For those of you interested in pursuing this avenue also, the manuscripts must be APA and as I said the guidelines are stringent. I really think I have a sound research project and I have proven the strategy works, however, I am not quite so certain if I can prepare an adequate manuscript in such a short time. To my critical friends and any other classmates who would like to offer suggestions to improve my presentation, I welcome any and all critiques. I am presenting on the 27th.

I am also preparing a Keynote that I am going to request submission to our district Reading Conference. Fortunately, there is more time to prepare for it. I will have it on my web site soon and as with the article, I really would appreciate any helpful comments anyone might like to contribute. It really is getting a little scary as we are nearing completion. It has also been very exciting to be part of such an elite group.

Kerry writes:
Trisch, I agree that you should put your work out there where lots of reading teachers can see it. You have a lot to offer. I would be happy to look at your keynote presentation or your write-up for your article.

I understand that it is getting scary as we get close to completing, but honestly, it’s been kind of scary for me every month as I scramble to figure out how to do my projects or to make the deadlines, hoping that nothing goes wrong. It has been exciting and I have learned so much. And you have done it all in spite of your computer crashing and having to use other means to get your work done. You have been an inspiration.

Just let me know if there is anything that I can do to help with your presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment