Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week 3, Response to Donita Massing


Donita Massing says:
Leading
Zander discusses his concept of 'being a contribution' and 'leading from any chair' in The Art of Possibility.
Almost all of what I'm reading in this book has inspired me; even bringing me to tears at times. The concept of being a contribution is about one's call to purpose rather than personal achievement. I've been trying to practice this since I began teaching some 11 years ago. I've always thought of my career as a purpose rather than a job. This week's reading brought it into focus and has helped me understand much of the frustration I've experienced along the way.
Letting go of the idea of achievement; focusing instead on a vision of students succeeding and giving back through their own contributions.

Kerry Marquis says:

You are so right, Donita. To me, purpose is everything. When I know that my purpose, my intentions, my integrity is right, then I know that correct actions will follow. Working with you over these past months, getting to know you and watching your projects unfold, it is obvious that you are also a person with purpose. I cannot help but wish that my own daughter’s teachers were like you, caring that their students succeed.

I’m sure that your encouragement and insight give your students lessons that they take with them for the rest of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment