Well, I’ve been running with this thinking out of the box thing on my action research project which started out as updating a website to include Web 2.0 tools which teachers of ceramics could use and has turned into . . . a monster? I worked all day today trying to put together what I envisioned. I tried to change my current site over to a Dreamweaver site, but it would not allow me access with Dreamweaver. I wrote to “support” [HA!!] at Netfirms.com and got a cute little reply directing me to uploading a site with Dreamweaver. I guess that they didn’t even read what I said, but just saw the word “Dreamweaver” and sent off a quick reply. This has happened EVERY time I have emailed support in the last 7 years that I have used Netfirms. Every time I have needed answers. I can’t really remember ever getting a good straight answer from them. I usually found out from someone else or figured it out myself. It’s always some pat direction to a FAQ that I’ve already read and doesn’t answer the question.
Enough venting. I’ve also now signed up and paid for a year’s service at another web server, tried Siteframe, Drupal and Joomla as well as the WYSIWYG on the web server and decided that Dreamweaver is just as simple to use. Still don’t have the thing created.
I’m going back to my earlier idea of the Ning site, UDUTU and creating a page or few in Dreamweaver to house the items needed for one unit or long lesson and shooting out a newsletter about it. Must complete this cycle before I lose my mind.


Kerry-
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear about the stress that you are going through. I have a recommendation for you to try. There is a website that my dad has tried and he really likes it. Its called SiteCube.com I would try it out and see it that would help.