I’m thinking of working out a presentation for the Florida Art Education Conference. The time for submissions is past, but if I could get something together and submit it, I might be able to get accepted. If I did that, I would probably look over my surveys and see what art teachers are most interested in learning to do in technology. Most likely, I would do something on creating an online gallery or e-portfolios for students. Or maybe I would go over a few Web 2.0 tools for art teachers and do a sample lesson with them using the tools.
On the other hand, about 6 years ago I created 13 or 14 webquests for McMillan Publishing’s art texts website. Here's a page from a one. Maybe I could do some kind of web activities for them to publish this time.
I’m just not all that interested in talking to a lot of people who already use technology about what my take on it is. I’d rather empower some people who are really there yet and give them some things to make life and learning better in the classroom.


I understand your thoughts about the presentation and finding a venue. I especially think your point about talking to a group of teachers that already have a sense of technology versus a group that is still trying to figure out how to use technology does instill a different set of motivations. You might look into venues that attract the latter, if that's what interests you. I think both groups would benefit from your take on technology! Your on-line gallery and ideas on web 2.0 tools sound good. I may try the National Art Education Association and, like you, my State Art Education Association for my presentation.
ReplyDelete